There are many SEO marketers or digital marketing “gurus” out there. Before you choose one to work with, there are basic questions you should ask. In addition, it is always important to check references and sites like BBB, Ripoff Report or Google the company’s name and the words reviews, complaints and scam after it.
A little known fact is that many of these SEO marketers do not have in–house teams and actually outsource the SEO work. Ask to speak to the person that will be doing the SEO work not just the Account Rep. Ask for that person’s credentials and look them up on Linked in.
Here are some questions to ask:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business? Who are your customers?
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
SEO companies can provide a very necessary and valuable service. It is important to choose wisely. Find someone who is honest and transparent who will let you know exactly what you will be getting when you first speak with them.